• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Seriously Considering Tomcat Removal.

C

carliebentley

Guest
Greetings all.

I'm seriously considering the complete removal of Tomcat.

I don't have any clients that use it, and unless there's a need for proper functionality of other components, (that I'm unaware of), I'm thinking about removing it.

I currently have it stopped and prevent it from starting on reboot, but I want it gone if it won't break anything else.

Opinions? Ideas?

Oh, it's RHEL3 and Plesk 8.0.1 with many ART updates, including qmail-scanner, ClamAV, etc...

Thanks
Carlie Bentley.
 
Back
Top