• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Server Health: Partition "/boot" utilization - Need attention

FatanehE

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I have a linux dedicated server (centos 64 bit) with plesk 11.0.9
yesterday I update some packages with webmin and after login to plesk I saw server health on Disk category need attention.
It was Partition "/boot" utilization 81% used (78.5 MB of 96.8 MB)

- how to I free it and if I remove some files, everything will be ok and our hosting will be ok?
- is there any way to extend this space?

which way is better?

Thanks,

/boot is a partition of hard disk where kernel and other system files located. Most probably that you have different versions of kernel installed on your Linux server. As possible solution you can just remove unused kernel versions with OS package manager. Also you can increase threshold for /boot partition is Health Monitor config file in Hdd section - /usr/local/psa/var/custom-health-config.xml and restart Health Monitor. More details in corresponding section of http://kb.parallels.com/111283 article.

/boot is a partition of hard disk where kernel and other system files located. Most probably that you have different versions of kernel installed on your Linux server. As possible solution you can just remove unused kernel versions with OS package manager. Also you can increase threshold for /boot partition is Health Monitor config file in Hdd section - /usr/local/psa/var/custom-health-config.xml and restart Health Monitor. More details in corresponding section of http://kb.parallels.com/111283 article.

Thank you in advance for your reply,
for remove unused files, how to understand which files are unused and how to I check which version of kernel my server is using?

another question was how to I extend /boot space not change server health config file. for example I increase space of /boot from 96.8 MB to 500 MB?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Sorry, but you asked about very common Linux administration tasks. It is really out of scope this Plesk forum. You can find a lot of instructions in the Internet about it. Or ask help of nearest Linux administrator if you and not familiar with Linux.

Back