• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Server Health reports high Apache CPU usage...

theWoosh

Basic Pleskian
Hi.
In the last few weeks I have been getting more and more 'alarm level changed' emails reporting:
"Services > Apache CPU usage" changed its status from "green" to "red"

I have examined my atop logs and I can't see any particularly high load at any of the times reported. I increased the default server health settings (<CpuTime> <service name="Web" monitor="true"><alarm level="red" threshold="40" type="percent"/><alarm level="yellow" threshold="35" type="percent"/>) but they still keep coming thick and fast...
Is it possible that this are false alarms? I read on another thread that there was a problem with misreporting on multiple cores, but that was old so I assumed it would be addressed by now...

Any thoughts on how to find out if there is indeed a problem or what levels I can safely and usefully set thresholds?

This is a Cloud-based twin core Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS installation running Plesk 12.0.18
Thanks

Back