• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Server Locked

casperb71

New Pleskian
Sorry for my English but I need some help.

I'm running a VPS at Strato and all the ports are locked except SSH.
I don't know how this happens because the system is for many months stable.

When I login on the server I'm redirected to a server error page with the notification

Message Lock Manager error: '[LockManagerException] Can't open or create shared memory by shm.name: "/run/lock/lmlib/SharedLockManagerStorage0.2.4"; shm.start_size: "8388608"; error "No such file or directory"'.

File Hierarchical.php

Line 126

I called the helpdesk from Strato but the give no support on the configuration, so I have to solve the problem by myself.

I have never worked with Putty so that will be an challenge.

On the Internet I found a solution:

Start modifying root user crontab:
# crontab -e
Add the following task to the bottom of the file:
@Reboot mkdir -p /run/lock/lmlib && chown root:lock-manager /run/lock/lmlib && chmod -R 0770 /run/lock/lmlib
Reboot the server

I'm able to login on the server with putty and see "Login as:"

The questions is what to do now?

Could anyone help me?

With regards Fred

Back