• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue "Server not configured" while it is, and working (almost) fine

aadje93

New Pleskian
Greetings,

I've recently gotten into a strange "issue" where plesk thinks its not configured, altough it actually is. Websites are working fine, but now lets encrypt is not working with the message "go to control panel to perform post installation configuring". I've done that, and migrated websites/done the DB's manually due to mysqldump on original vps not working nicely, so had to do a phpmyadmin dump/import process.

I'm running Plesk onyx latest version(see below), on Centos 7 cleanly installed.

But now when i try to renew lets encrypts passwords i get the following error:

" get failure: Plesk is not configured. Go to the control panel to perform post-installation configuring.

Also,
plesk bin init_conf --check-configured

returns a exit status 1 instead of 0.

Is there a way to enforce a "configured" state? I've tried running the installer again which saw the installation, updated some packages. But this error/state still persists.

I'm realy out of options on how to fix this, i've tryed to look into the plesk help guide, and googling for some hours but it seems nobody has run into this problem before.

it says "plesk initalization is completed" but now i cant change my password as i dont know the "old" password/could not set it
I am able to install lets encrypt cetrificates now, but i'm only able to login through the one-time secret login link. Could you help me fix the password? I don't want to break mysql passwords and such by using passwd on the cli from normal linux knowledge as plesk is a little different than normal linux :)

Just run

# plesk bin admin --get-login-link

to generate a one-time login link. Then you can change admin password in Plesk UI.

i know that link, but as said i can't change my password then as its asking for the "old" password which i off-course don't know

it says "plesk initalization is completed" but now i cant change my password as i dont know the "old" password/could not set it
I am able to install lets encrypt cetrificates now, but i'm only able to login through the one-time secret login link. Could you help me fix the password? I don't want to break mysql passwords and such by using passwd on the cli from normal linux knowledge as plesk is a little different than normal linux :)

Any way to enforce a new password without a complete re-install of plesk?, i can login on the --get-loginlink. But i dont know the correct way to change the plesk admin password now without breaking my production server :(

Last edited:
Back