• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Server restore tutorial

CruzMark

Regular Pleskian
I've dug around, google searched, looked at the KB, but am coming up empty. I am looking for a tutorial on restoring a Plesk server from Plesk Backup manager offsite backups in the case where the hard disk hosting plesk has completely failed. Fortunately, I'm not in this situation currently, but am trying to plan disaster recovery.

I run half a dozen Plesk servers on Centos 7 with approximately 120 customers per server, /25 of IPs (each client gets one), and a combined total of about 150GB of customer data when uncompressed. I had a backup procedure that I've used for years, using ssh, pax, and gzip, but a recent crash showed me that this isn't sustainable.

FTP backups are working as of this week. So, if I lose a server what is the procedure for restoration? Build a (or have a spare) new server, install Centos and Plesk, then restore? Do IPs carry over, etc?

I'm not looking for answers like RAID. I just want the complete restore procedure when a server is completely offline and the disk that had all data is corrupt.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Hi i was in the situation and it was hard ...
until that uploading what in psa/dumps backup server linux at var/lib/psa/dumps to plesk and reading him dont reconeize his files ...
that was a shock also reading docs about restore or easy way whene every thing work lol
and finnally discover that mails are not saved in psa/dumps but in qmail at var/qmail and Now he comes the final war to restore your mail from the account to plesk .... he dont reconeize them too ...

Back