• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Server Specs to Traffic Handling

HMIBarryLSalter

Basic Pleskian
Server Specs to Traffic Handling

The question is, how many hits can a server take at one time? May or may not be a stupid question, but it’s been posed to me to answer.

If I have a P3 500 Mhz with 512meg ram running FreeBSD 5.3 and Plesk 7.5.x and one web site, how many hits will the server take at one time and handle the load.

More accurately (above only for example) how about a P4 running 3.4 GHz with 2 megs of duel channel on an Intel chip set with a gig nic card (over kill alert on the gig nic) and a pair of SATA-150 60Gig drives running FreeBSD 5.3 and Plesk 7.5.x

(or describe a configuration that you know the Traffic Value to please)

Why do I ask? Because I’m being asked by a customer who is setting up to do National advertising and I don’t want my tail between my legs and have the server go down. And as opposed to telling them that 10 people connect at once, I want to have some more accurate figures because I really do not know the answer nor how to calculate this.

If anyone knows either the answer to this question or a link to where Plesk makes a claim (because I can’t find that either) please please reply…

HMIBarryLSalter –

Back