• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Server-wide backup takes up space in customer domains repository

MrWooples

New Pleskian
Hi guys - quick question...

I've setup server-wide backup on my Plesk 11 on Windows, here:
Home > Tools & Settings > Backup Manager: Server Repository > Scheduled Backup Settings.

Everything included in the backup, stored in Server Repository.

Then I noticed that if a customer has 2gb worth of data in his domain, then after my backup has run, his domain is now taking up 4gb. And after a 2nd backup has run, his domain now takes up 6gb (2gb data + 4gb worth of backups).

Is there no way that I can do server-wide backups of *everything* without taking up space for customers?

Thanks in advance for reply.

Just go into Tools & Settings > Server Preferences and uncheck "backup files created by the administrator" option in
"Include in the disk space usage calculation" section

Thank you very much - that seems like it would do the trick :)

(It was "Server Settings" though, not "Server Preferences")

Back