• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

server will not send mail, contact forms, newsletters

S

Sean Dempsey

My server has stopped sending emails that are generated by contact forms or other php based sources (registration emails for forums, newsletters). The websites do not return any errors, the mail simply never get sent.

For instance - I set up a contact form on my site, a form that had worked on a similar plesk 8 fedoracore server (the standard cari.net package), but now this new server will not send them out.

I have tried several php scripts to send, even some in flash, joomla... but none will work.

I have been reading around and stumbled upon a few people having qmail problems, but nothing that has shed any light on my problem.

I am a total novice in linux and plesk, I had thought that getting the server with plesk installed would be easy, and it SEEMS like it is... I can set up domains, sites, all that jazz easy enough. But weird problems like this keep cropping up and I don't know what to do. I have no idea how to access my server via a command line or a virtual desktop...all I know is the Plesk interface.

If someone could help me figure this out, I'd appreciate it. I have not altered any system files.... this is an out of the box install of Plesk8 on a fedoracore OS. I've checked my php.ini and it looks fine... I am totally stumped (and in hot water with clients whose sites arent working).

help is appreciated, thanks

I don't know what that means. Can you elaborate? I am way out of my league here.

Back