• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Servershield displaying Invalid Host Key error when logging in

Denis Gomes Franco

Regular Pleskian
I have several customers set up on my Plesk servers, and each one of them have one or more subscriptions. I have also enabled the Servershield extension so I can use their CDN on those websites.

As I run a managed Wordpress hosting operation, I would like to use my own Cloudflare account instead of the customer's Cloudflare account. So when I log in as my customer in Plesk and then open up the Servershield extension, it asks for my Cloudflare account credentials. I type in my credentials and that customer's websites appear, and then I can enable Cloudflare for these websites.

But when I go to the next customer, log in as them, open up the Servershield extension and type in my credentials again, the extension throws an INVALID HOST KEY error.

So far the only workaround I found is to remove the Servershield extension and reinstall it. Then I can repeat that operation on another customer, but then the error returns soon after. Also when I remove the extension it loses track of which sites are on Cloudflare and which are not. Sure, I can re-enable Cloudflare for those sites and then it'll produce a CNAME ALREADY ADDED error or something, but it is annoying.

I understand I should be using the customer's Cloudflare account but as stated earlier, I run a managed operation so my customers don't need to care about technicalities.I would really like to use my own account instead.

So, any tips on how to make this work?

Back