• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Serving external PHP Files without Session

JaXnPriVate

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian 18.0.49
Is there any chance to service PHP Files, without Plesk Sessions inside or outside a Module via Install Scripts?

It is not possible to run PHP through the web server without at least having an internal PHP session for that. I am not sure though if I got the question correctly. What do you mean by "inside or outside a module via install scripts"? Which install script? Which module? What is inside and what is outside to these scripts?

It is not possible to run PHP through the web server without at least having an internal PHP session for that. I am not sure though if I got the question correctly. What do you mean by "inside or outside a module via install scripts"? Which install script? Which module? What is inside and what is outside to these scripts?
By internal I mean a script that can be called without a plesk session within the modules (/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/<Name>/...)

If this is not possible, just an external script which is copied from the Modules folder using post- or pre-install.

Ich möchte ein Skript implementieren (wie eine Art API) um an meiner Extension Änderungen vorzunehmen ohne Plesk Session. (DynDNS Extension)

Ich möchte ein Skript implementieren (wie eine Art API) um an meiner Extension Änderungen vorzunehmen ohne Plesk Session. (DynDNS Extension)
I want to implement a script (like some kind of API) to make changes to my extension without Plesk session. (DynDNS Extension)

I want to implement a script (like some kind of API) to make changes to my extension without Plesk session. (DynDNS Extension)
I understand that you want to use DynDNS with Plesk. However I am afraid I don't quite understand your question or what you're trying to achieve exactly. Could you explain in more detail:
1) what is it you want to achieve
2) why do you (think you) need to run a script without a Plesk session?

I understand that you want to use DynDNS with Plesk. However I am afraid I don't quite understand question or what you're trying to achieve exactly. Could you explain in more detail:
1) what is it you want to achieve
2) why do you (think you) need to run a script without a Plesk session?
I want to implement an Skript wich changes an given DNS Record, wich can be managed via the Extension UI.
The intention is that the respective DDNS client (router, gateway...) calls a certain script to change the address in the DNS record.

I just can't give the DDNS client a Plesk session, so the script should not be protected by the session, because I need my own session system. (Based on DynDNS Specs)

So what you actually want is for the DDNS client/service to be able update DNS records on your Plesk server? Is that right? Do you want a Plesk extension for that? Or do you *think* you need a Plesk extension in order achieve that? Because I can think of other options that might be easier or better suited. Let me know, I'll see if can help you in the right direction.

I like to have an extension for that, i'm currently writing one, but i'm unable to get the last step to work.
And that's the PHP Script wich updates the DNS Records via API.

The Script is working outside Plesk, but i like to put it into Plesk so i don't need an extra Webspace for it?
Do you understand what i mean? I like to host this via Plesk directly not with an extra Webspace...

Creating a webspace for your script which uses the Rest API or adding a script to your DDNS client (if possible) that calls the Rest API are the only options available for third-party DNS servers/clients communicate with Plesk and change DNS zones. An Plesk extension can only be accessed from "within" Plesk, it's not publicly accessible. So there is no way for an external service/client to connect to an extension.

That's a sad messages, I don't like these limitations...

I implemented a mechanism which copies the Script onto the given Webspace ;(

1677853803975.png

Back