• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue session.save_path for integrated phpMyAdmin (Ubuntu 12.04.5, Plesk 12.0.18)

B_P

Regular Pleskian
Dear all,

As I just found out, when using the integrated phpMyAdmin, session files are stored in /tmp (compared to /var/lib/php5 for "normal" webhosting sessions). At least for Ubuntu, this also means that these files will never be removed automatically.
I guess that /opt/psa/admin/conf/php.ini (which is used for the integrated phpMyAdmin installation) should be adapted to set session.save_path accordingly (currently, it is not explicitly set and thus pointing to /tmp).

This issue still applies to my server... (Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS, Plesk 12.5.30 Update #39). Any ideas?

You need to define session.save_path in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
Check it.

Hi B_P,

additional to IgorG recommendation, pls. be informed that IF you use for example additional PHP - versions from "Ondřej Surý" on Debian/Ubuntu - based systems, consider to look for depending php.ini - files as well at "/etc/php/X.X", where "X.X" is the PHP version number.

Back