• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Set up a new vertual Plesk Panel Enviornment keeps rebooting on migration?

contact

New Pleskian
Set up a new Plesk 11.5 (centos virtual machine) so as to migrate our old Plesk 10 virtual.
The reason we want to migrate is the old one had many problems when we upgraded from Plesk 9 and had massive problems for over a week causing much bad customer relations.
We feel the old enviornment though now stable and been up for 800+ days still has minor issues, especially with users.

We created a new Plesk 11.5 enviornment and all seemed to work well setting up defaults etc...
but when we start the migration it "reboots" for no obvious reason and then restarts but the MSSQL doesn't restart.
We have to clear the Blocked file and restart MYSql .
This has happened a couple times so we moved it to another new "host" machine and again the same problem.
Each time we start the transfer from scratch (over the top of where it stopped previous time)

The first time it rebooted and crashed was after about 120 domains, when restarted it got to 240 domains and then we moved to new host and I haven't been back on to see how far it got this time but same error. We have about 720 domains on this enviornment... Most are just for DNS, Some more include email and about 20 have full website hosting.

The old machine run at about 10-20% CPU capacity the new one is twice as powerful with two extra processors and all much faster and double the memory.
So I don't believe it is a resources issue. (anyway it should just go slow not reboot)

Has anyone ever seen this problem or have an idea what the problem maybe

Thanks in Advance
Graham

OK, Have resolved the Issue and with persurverance completed the migration
What I found was, it Kept failing with a MYSQL stopped and couldn't be restarted with error

"cant connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) "

so I would have to clear that using "rm -rf /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock"

then re-run /etc/init.d/mysqld restart

then remove previous migration and start again (replacing all objects)
each time it stopped was on domains that had been a problem when we upgraded from plesk 9 to 10 and they changed the table structure and went to "subscriptions" at that point we had to get Plesk involved to get system re-going.

Anyway each time it restarted it went over the last stop until all were successfully imported.
Now we have a migrated system I will set an outage and bring in the latest mail complete the cut over

Back