• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Setting mailquota without knowing the number of mailaccounts?

I

insel

Hello.

I have a question, how others solve this:

I can define "Mailbox quota" and "Maximum number of mailboxes" and as far as I found this mailbox quota is for every single mailbox[1].

So if I allow 1.000 kb quota and 10 mailboxes, the domain is able to allocate 10.000 kb of mailbox space.

What, if I want to grant 10 MB with 10 mailboxes to a domain - but I don't want to set mailbox quota to 1 MB because I don't know if there will be 1 single user, 3 users or 10 users. The domain would then have 1, 3 or 10 MB for mail...

I want customers to be able to create mailboxes theirself, so I don't know, how many users they will really use. Or they could use "Default for the domain" for each mailbox, which means, that they get mailbox_quota * mailbox_users of space for mail.

- I could say "You have x MB for each mailbox and n users free. So you can use between x and n*x MB space. Decide yourself, how many space you want to have" or
- I could setup mailbox quota (for all mailboxes) and set the discspace-limit to that value to get a note, when customers go belong their limit=quota. They could use all quota on one account or on 10 accounts. If they use more that "allowed", diskspace limit would be transgressed.

I don't like both solutions. How do you handle this??

insel

[1] http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5243

Back