• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Setting up a domain on Plesk Panel 9.3

D

DanielaT

Hello there, I understand that my question might be treat as silly, but I'm totally desperate so please excuse me.

I'm trying to setup a domain and website which should be hosted on my dedicated server.
I'm setting up the domain through the domain panel and everything seems okay, (I'm not making the DNS redirection, it seems to be already done) but the domain don't run on live. Also the I tried to connect to the website through the IP of my server, no luck again it directs me to the page which shows that no files are being upload to the server, and yes I did upload the files.

In this case I'm sure I'm doing something completely wrong or not fully registering the domain, I tried to find information on how to register my domain proper, asked friends ... no luck at all. Please if someone could assist me with registering my domain or give me a guide where I can see how to do that on Windows webserver 2008, I will appreciate it very much.

What about Applications & Services -> Register Domain ?

When I click on it, there only appears the greeny message "Information: MyPlesk.com page was opened." and nothing else happens.

But can you open myplesk.com URL? It is the same.

Yes, now I opened it. So I make the domain template from Plesk Panel and then I should register the domain from Myplesk.com?
If so, is there other way just to enable my website to be online without any domains, just with the IP of my host?

You can setup exclusive IP in Plesk and assign needed domain to this IP. In this case you will be able to use only IP for access to this site. Read carefully Plesk documentation about exclusive and shared IPs.

Back