1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Setting up a real subdomain

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by ffolkesS, Mar 20, 2010.

1. ffolkesS

ffolkesS Guest

Hello-

I have a domain configured, let's say xyz.com, and I want to make johndoe.xyz.com. I want this to be a full domain, not just a subdomain of xyz.com. In the old days of Plesk, before the subdomain feature, you'd just setup a new domain called "johndoe.xyz.com" and it'd have its own email, hosting, etc. I tried to do that now, but it doesn't work - DNS doesn't appear to be properly setup for it, and the "server cannot be found" when I try to browse to it.

How can I get around this?

Thanks.

-TM

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    I have tried to reproduce it and it works fine for me. There are different A DNS records for domain.tld and new.domain.tld and both domains are resolvable. Check that you have A record for ned domain and make sure that it is resolvable directly on Plesk server at least with