• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Setting up Domain on Plesk (Newbie)

P

pitsbros

Hey guys,
Please forgive my ignorance. I am a complete newbie when it comes to dedicated servers. I am in need of huge help of getting my website set up on this server. I have an existing domain parked at godaddy.com. I want to use this server for the website. I don't have the slightest clue as to how to set up the DNS settings for the domain. I need to know exactly how to get my domain to work on the server. I was able to setup the domain in Plesk, but I don't know what to do with the settings. I need to obviously set up DNS servers I think, but I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I have had this server for a few months and still can't find anyone to help me. GoDaddy.com won't help me in the slightest bit......Please help!!

Thank you guys!!!

Mike
pitsbros.com

While I'm waiting for my machine to come up...
Go to GoDaddy in your Domain Host Summary add a host like ns.yoursite.com and use the server IP you should have.
Then set the primary nameserver summary to the hostname you just made up.

You'll probably see the domain come up in 24-48 hours.

Back