• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Setting up Multiple Symbolic Linked Drives

A

A13DCMark

Hello all,

Fairly ignorant to Plesk but know this can be done through Linux but need to know the best way.

Plesk 8.4 Linux 2.4 CentOS 3.6 running on a quad xeon 3GHz with 4GB of ram

We have three drives, two are SCSI 36 GB drives and one is a SATA 280 GB drive shown as the following columns

Filesystem
Total
Used
Available
Capacity

/dev/sdb1 * 69,791.41 MB * 42,873.27 MB * 23,372.94 MB * 61.43%

Protected directories /usr/local/psa
/var/lib/mysql
/var/www/vhosts
/var/qmail/mailnames
/var/named/run-root

none * 1,003.39 MB * 0.00 MB * 1,003.39 MB * 0%

/dev/sda1 * 98.72 MB * 14.57 MB * 79.05 MB * 14.76%

/dev/sda3 * 67,729.15 MB * 37.47 MB * 64,251.20 MB * 0.06%

/dev/hdc1 * 281,674.97 MB * 49,563.89 MB * 217,802.79 MB * 17.6%

We have one main domain on the box xyz.com be the main domain and only a subsequent other domain for email only xyzmail.com which we already have set up.

Next we want to sym link the /products/ folder we've created on xyz.com domain to go to the HDC1 drive.

We have successfully set up the sym link but can only access it using the ROOT log in via SSH or SFTP.

Otherwise logging in as the main domain administrator for xyz.com you can not access that drive.

I know this has to do with the vhosts file in the etc directory in either the domain itself or in the root of the server not sure which.

I'm also sure you have to create a vhost.conf file and a vhost_ssl.conf file correct?

Mark

We did something similar, but instead of mounting to one specific domain we put it at the vhost root

so
/ -> sda
/var/www/vhosts -> sbd

now all the domains are shared on this new drive and permissions are set proplerly - perhaps some setup like that may be more benificial ?

it may also be better to mount it as that directory instead of doing a symlink becuase the owner of the target is root, and lots of times apache wont pass symlinks which is for security

Excellent thank you we'll give that a shot. We had to update CentOS and Plesk so rebuilding a few things at the moment.

Mark

using symlinks can break some plesk functionality, i suggest to use mount bind instead.

let me know if you need details, i will post it (not have instruction at hand currently)

Back