• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Setting Up Windows MySQL to allow Remote Connections

H

hostmedic

I am trying to set up the mySQL server on the Plesk windows box to allow remote connections.

I looked in the my.ini file and see nothing related.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you

:)

Tried to Search in the forums - but only found linux solutions ... not sure how to implement them in windows

You need to manually create a new user for the database and give it a host access value of "%" or an explicit IP address. As far as I know you cannot change access permissions for an existing user account.

Remember this is a big nasty security risk so consider yourself warned.

You will have to do this outside of Plesk from either the command line or by using mysqlcc. You may be able to do it from phpmyadmin but I've not tried it.

If you're not familiar with the command line mysql tools I highly recommend reading the documentation on http://www.mysql.com before trying this. Also try this on a test machine before you do it on a production box as you can open up a lot of holes if you're not careful.

thanks

I have read the documentation

basically what I am doing is taking server A which hosts the website on a linux box and wanting the mySQL server which is on server B to be able to read from in in our intranet ...

The only openings I am looking to create are in the vlan and not in the wan ...

still trying to figure out how to do this ... still stuck
and still searching

Back