• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Setup DNS settings

Loonx

New Pleskian
Hey all,
so I am kinda confused and lost with setting up my DNS settings properly. I want to use Plesk Nameservers so that I do not have to add everything manually. So I have my Domain at OVH and I tried changing the nameservs to ns1.mydmain.tld and ns2.mydomain.tld. It did not work obviuosly because I have not told the registar to wich IP ns1. and ns2. points (at least thats what I am thinking). What are the proper steps to set up my domain mydomain.tld to work with Plesk nameservs ns1.mydoamin.tld and ns2.mydomain.tld?

So I came up with the idea setting up two A records for ns1 and ns2 in OVH and then set up the nameservs. It seems like that this is not possible on OVH sadly.
My settings are the Following rn:

OVH DNS Zone:
$TTL 3600
@ IN SOA dns102.ovh.net. tech.ovh.net. (2020101411 86400 3600 3600000 60)
IN A MYIP
ns1 IN NS mydomain.tld.
ns1 IN A MYIP
ns2 IN NS mydomain.tld.
ns2 IN A MYIP

I still cannot change the DNS server to ns1.mydomain.tld and ns2.mydomain.tld.

Last edited:
In the case I suppose that when you installed your OS, you configured the hosts, hostname and resolv.conf with the correct data.

For host
IP server.example.com server

For hostname
servser.example.com

For resolv.conf
IP nameserver

Then continuing, you will configure in the DNS zone of your domain entries A and CNAME. Pointing your domain with Entry A to your Server's IP and a CNAME entry with www pointing to your domain. Soon after, you must have Plesk Panel installed on your VPS, I suppose, so add the main domain of your VPS and pay attention to the DNS entries in Hosting and DNS settings, see your domain entries and add them to your DNS zone OVH. I think that's it, did I understand myself? I don’t post Print, because I don’t want to lose my company's DNS privacy. THX

Back