• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Setup One MailEnable Postoffice per Domain in Plesk

highdownts

New Pleskian
I use MailEnable through Plesk for two domains. Each domain has its own webspace and postoffice.

The SMTP banner seems to be associated with the default MainEnable postoffice. I have used telnet to confirm that the same banner name is used for both domains. Right now, one domain passes email checks (MxToolBox) and the other fails (Reverse DNS does not match SMTP Banner). I need both to pass.

Is it possible to configure Plesk/MailEnable to return a different SMTP banner for each of the domains?

I have searched the internet and all Windows Plesk 12 articles that reference MailEnable postoffices, but have not seen any solutions.

Edit:
I wanted to point out that I have setup and verified SPF, DKIM, and DMARC for each domain using a variety of online tools, including MailEnable's online utility. On one SMTP test site, both domains scored 10/10, but MxToolBox always flags one domain as pass and the other as fail.

This is our last known email issue that we would like to resolve.

We have two domains, ourServicesDomain.com and our e-commerceProductDomain.com. Each is located on the same development server. We are working on deploying 2 servers, normal/redundant, within the next few months. Each deployment server will mirror the development server.

Weak Link for us seems to be MailEnable??
From what I have gleaned, MailEnable will only allow one banner regardless of the number of domains or postoffices. It is set in one location in the main SMTP dialog. I have not been able to get MailEnable to confirm or deny this observation. It looks like in my case, Plesk could not solve this because of the MailEnable limitation. :confused: I have spent many days chasing my tail, but MxToolBox will only pass if the Banner matches the mail server.

Solution? Compromise/Pick the most important Domain
We have configured the Banner to match our domain for our e-commerce product and will have to take the hit on our services domain.

Conclusion?
I would love to be proven wrong, but I think the solution here is the null set :eek: as one Pleskian (Miorcec) pointed our here: SMTP Valid Hostname > Reverse DNS is not a valid Hostname.

If I had read this email several days ago, I would have stopped looking for a non-existent solution and settled for the compromise noted above.

Maybe this post will save someone else some time and aggravation. :)

Regards...

Last edited:
Back