• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question SFTP access with root

troller

New Pleskian
Hi,

on cpanel I used my IP of the server and port 22 in order to do a SFTP login to manage and edit files.
With Plesk this seems to be different. Login with root credentials via SFT even enabled on the system does not work.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thank you

Last edited:
@troller Not clear from your post as to exactly what setup you're using, but FWIW and if it helps, we use:

SFTP on Port 22 via Filezilla
Host: Server IP with User & Password details to suit, plus Public Key Authentication only, not password(s) with the Private Key(s) stored on local machine(s)
SSH (SFTP) access is also limited to specific IPv4 & IPv6 addresses only, via SSH Rules within Plesk Firewall

All of this works perfectly on our setup, so SFTP can and will work on Obsidian, once the setup config is correct.

Back