• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Shortcuts on Plesk 10

L

lwitzel

Just migrated to a new server, and moved from Plesk 8.3 to Plesk 10. On my old Plesk desktop I had half a dozen shortcuts that I used almost every day. It's even more important to have these shortcuts in Plesk 10, because it now takes 8-10 clicks to get where I need to go.

How do I set up shortcuts in Plesk 10?

What do you mean "shortcuts"? Custom buttons or what?

The first page, when you first log into Plesk 8, was called the Desktop. That page had a section with "Shortcuts", which were links to specific pages within Plesk. So if something was buried 8 levels deep, you could get there with 1 click from that initial Desktop screen.

Every page in Plesk had a link at the top called "Make Shortcut", or something like that. Clicking that gave you options to give your own name and description to the shortcut, and place it in that section on the Desktop.

Sure would be nice, because links I need are buried much deeper in Plesk 10.

That thread doesn't address shortcuts anywhere. But I have a better understanding of the issue now. Sounds like Plesk 10 was built from the ground up, and was released before all the power user functionality had been completed.

I'm stuck with Plesk 10, because we need PHP5.3 on our server. But as an early tester of this version for my hosting company, I'll be sure to let them know that Plesk 10 is not ready for prime time.

Back