• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

single domain IIS 6 problem.

E

egate

Hi,

I have a Plesk for Windows 7.5.2 server. We are have problems with one domain - it's website stops working. The browser will hang until it times out. From the log a few people have managed to hit the site, but not many. Other sites on the server are unaffected. If I restart IIS 6.0 it starts to work again.

It's a shopping site.
It's traffic is 2.5Gb in the 20 days it's been up.
In this time the problem has occured twice.
The site uses a access database to drive the CMS and record purchases.
There is only a coupl of other sites on the server all of witch are low volume.

Does this look familiar to anyone?

Many Thanks

Plesk 7.5.2 has some problems with IIS inegration. Follow mys advise and do upgrade up to 7.5.3 version which is more stable.

Thanks for that. I gave it a go. Unfortunately it's just happened again.

The restart of IIS 6 gave the following warning:

Service: W3SVC
Event: 1013
Description: A process serving application pool 'plesk(default)(pool)' exceeded time limits during shut down. The process id was '3016'.

I suspect it may be to do with the database causing hangs. I'm installing Server 2003 SP1 which I hadn't actually installed yet - I know that there was a Jet bug. I've also installed the IIS Crash/Hang Agent to see if I track it down if it happens again.

Any pointers much appreciated :)

Please make sure that the 'dedicated application pool' option is being checked from the hosting setup section of the domain control panel.

The issue seems to be with the domain using plesk application pool , while it should be using its own

Back