• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Site asks for Network Password

P

Pharaoh

Hi,

All of a sudden, for no apparent reason, one of our sites is asking for the network password to be able to view the site. but it only seems to be this site. ( the default one we set up when we first installed plesk. )

This has started heppening since i added two subdomains.

Anyone know why this would be happening.I do recall seeing something about this sometime ago...but i can find it now.

The second issue, is that no image are showing up in the Horde webmail.
All that shows up on the menus is a brocken image link. To me this is not a huge problem as i can turn of the images and just use the text links. However clints like to have pretty pictures to look at. :)

Cheers.

I've had this happen to me on several occasions. I'm not sure what causes it but I've always resolved it by resetting the FTP/Frontpage password in the setup portion of the domain. It seems like the IIS password gets out of sync and this resets it. Random.

Thanks for that.
I was just about to post to say that the problem has gone away.
I had done a few things in the meantime, resetting the FTP password may have been one of them.

Anyway, all is good now.
Cheers

Actually you can use "websrvmng --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=domain.com" command which should be run from %plesk_bin% location to fix the issue.

Thanks! I figured there was a more elegant solution than that. ;) Do you know if that is resync'ing the IIS password? I'm just curious as to what the root of the problem is.

Back