• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

site builder after upgrade not working

G

Galdang2

after an upgrade from 9.5 to 10.3 sitebuilder isn't working.
I did have aproblem when upgrading (stoppped working when installing "core components"), but after restarting and retrying the update all seems to be working except for sitebuilder.

error i get from the log is:

2011-07-10 00:02:11,515 [6] ERROR SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Statistics.ReportSender - Statisics processing failed.
SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.UnsupportedDatabaseVersionException: ...BaseService() failed ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or
instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at TechTalk.Dal.DataDomain.CreateOpenedAutoCommitConnection(Context context)
at TechTalk.Dal.SimpleDataReader.ExecuteFireAndForgetQuery(Context context, DataDomain domain, IDbCommand command)
at TechTalk.Dal.ReadOnlyTransaction.ExecuteQuery(Context context, DataDomain domain, IDbCommand command, TranslatedTypeSet accessedTypes)
at TechTalk.Dal.Context.ExecuteReader(DataDomain domain, IDbCommand command, TranslatedTypeSet accessedTypes)
at TechTalk.Dal.DataDomain.ExecuteBuiltQuery(Context context, SqlQuery query, AnnotatedCommand command, PrecacheBuilderCollection precacheBuilders, TranslatedTypeSet accessedTypes)
at TechTalk.Dal.DataDomain.Execute(Context context, SqlQuery query, Object[] parameters, PrecacheBuilderCollection precacheBuilders, TranslatedTypeSet accessedTypes)
at TechTalk.Dal.PersistentSet.GetObjectReader()
at TechTalk.Dal.PersistentSet.GetEnumerator()
at TechTalk.Dal.PersistentSet.ToObject()
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.BaseService..ctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.BaseService..ctor()
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.GeneralSettingsService..ctor()
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.GeneralSettingsService.get_Service()
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Statistics.ReportSender.CheckStatisticsDates(Object state)

anybody any idear how to solve this?

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections.

Did you check it?

nope i didn't as i don't know how or where to do this.
I did check all file locations for the plesk services and these seem to be OK.
checking the MySQL i get this error:

Could not open required default file:
C:\Program Files (x86)/Parallels/Plesk\Databases\MySQL51\my.ini
Fata error in defaults handling. Program aborted.

(my.ini is not present in the above mentioned location)

I assume this is causing the error, but i do not know how to solve this, excuse me for my ignorence.
Thanks for the help.

I think it would be better and effectively if you contact Support Team if you can't fix it by yourself. Not sure that it is possible to fix it by forum's discussions. Investigation directly on your server is required.

so in that case i have to buy me a support ticket?
would an Email support ticket be enough or what else do i need?

parallel fixed this, was an unfinished installation problem.
(but i guess it needed a register tweak to reinstall it)
But not very happy how they did this.
checking the server afterwards register editor was left open, all kind of maps left open, copy of database file left on the desktop without any reason ? browser open etc etc.
top notch quality parallel! :-(

Could you please provide me support ticket ID? I will check it.

I have done this through the datacenter helpdesk who is hosting this server.
(and from which i am leasing the plesk license).
Now requested the ticket # they used @ parallel, will let you know.

Back