• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Site Preview showing default page instead of index.htm in site.

Quote: The problem here is certainly the capitalization of the domain name in the configuration path

I don't think so.

I just created a brand new domain.......all lowercase........and the site preview goes to some other domain on the server.

How do you explain that?

Site Preview

OK.......SO, when a site is disabled, it grabs an index file from somewhere:

h ttp://67.2xxxxxxxxxxx1/plesk-site-preview/testprev.com/67.22xxxxxxxxx1/

Data:
LogoMain.jpg

Server 57

Lighthouse Nova Inc. is a development stage company.
We are currently working on several projects.
If you want to know more about these projects, contact us.

We have teamed with Cabo FTL Systems LC to develop stock trading soft

When the site is enabled, it seems to work:

h ttp://62xxxxxxx.xx1/plesk-site-preview/testprev.com/67.xxxxxxxx1/

Data:

This is a Test Site

But I STILL don't know why the preview sometimes does not work at all....

ANd I don't know if this thread can be marked 'solved'.........

Since when you push site preview it's supposed to show you YOUR site......not some other site....whether the site is Disabled or Not.......

Lots of times we want to disable a site cause we're working on it.......moving it....etc...z

z

Last edited:
Did you "repair" the database? Are you using different IP addresses on the server? Is your BIND configuration correct? Did you try to reconfigure all domains on the server? I have only seen the "one domain directs to another" problem when web server configuration files were corrupt. And the solution was a reconfigure-all.

I was having the same issue.... Turns out I didn't have my IPv6 address set in Web Hosting Access. That was it

Back