• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Site wide Spam filtering AND personal settings

L

lpittman

Howdy,

I have customized my SpamAssassin configuration to work site-wide. I am somewhat confident that it is working, however not completely positive.

My settings are as follows:

- Server wide settings is enabled
- Personal settings is disabled
- /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf:

Code:
bayes_store_module                      Mail::SpamAssassin::BayesStore::SQL
bayes_sql_dsn                           DBI:mysql:spamassassin:localhost
bayes_sql_username                      spamassassin
bayes_sql_password                      spamassassin
bayes_expiry_max_db_size                150000
bayes_auto_expire                       1

use_bayes                               1
bayes_auto_learn                        1
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam      -12.1
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam         12.0

required_hits                           5
report_safe                             0
rewrite_header                          subject ***SPAM***
required_score                          6

#bayes_path                             /etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes
#bayes_file_mode                        0777

The bayes database is being manually populated by yours truley on a somewhat regular basis.

Question 1: Does this configuration look okay to you folks? Can you recommend any changes?

Question 2: Can I go ahead and enable Personal settings to allow a couple of clients to maintain their own settings or will it conflict?

Looking forward to any replies.

Luke

Back