• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sitepreview Prompts me to download files

E

eder

Hi,

In order to decrease server load in a VPS account we have at godaddy.com, I changed the way websites authenticate (from windows to sql authentication) and I also had to reset the "sa" user password for sql server express.

Now, even though I change the authentication back to what it was, everytime I try to reach a website via sitepreview it prompts me to download a file, which I believe is sitepreview.dll (464k)

example: http://72.167.145.193/$sitepreview/angelmax.com.br/default/default.asp

Seems like sitepreview is not executing at all

My Plesk operator also played around with some user permissions trying to restore sitepreview, but no luck.
everything else is working just fine, like setting up new accounts, creating databases, etc. And the websites that have the DNS entries poiting to them are resolving fine as well.

I ran the Plesk Reconfigurator but it didnt solve the problem either.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, as we rely on site preview throughout development.

Thanks

Eder

hi eder....

it seems that your plesk is not installed properly. If you run the Plesk Reconfigurator and it still does not fix the problem, you may consider reinstalling the application

Yes, entirely true. I ran the reconfigurator and problem is gone.

Thank you so much for your input!

Eder

Back