1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Slow Email

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by GhostHunt, Sep 17, 2011.

1. GhostHunt

GhostHunt Guest

ver: Plesk Control Panel version psa v8.6.0_build86081001.10 os_Debian 4.0, Courier, Qmail

Need some help. Sending email is really slow. I connect to imap (courier) using Thunderbird
    it can take 30-60 seconds to send plain small text emails. its amazingly slow. I need
    some new ideas on what to check. I am out od ideas

I have checked the following and made changes accordingly.
    1) qmail is slow if /var/qmail/queue/lock/trigger is gone/has the wrong permissions/is a regular file.Checked looks OK
    2) /etc/courier-imap/imapd for MAXDAEMONS from 40 to 80 and MAXPERIP from 4 to 40
    3)/etc/inetd.conf for -Rt0
    smtp stream tcp nowait.1000 root /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env tcp-env /usr/bin/env SMTPAUTH=1 END=1 -Rt0 /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true
    smtps stream tcp nowait.1000 root /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env tcp-env /usr/bin/env SMTPAUTH=1 END=1 -Rt0 /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true