• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Slow FTP performance....please advise

S

systemseven

When anybody logs in to our system via FTP, it takes like 10-15 seconds for it to do a directory listing. Also, when uploading/downloading web sites the server times out...whats going on?

I am thinking of moving to Serv-U Corporate but I am not sure if Plesk can integrate with it. Any advice?

-Thanks!

I noticed this as well. I was wondering if Plesk will support Serv-U ftp on the windows platform. This will make migrations to plesk a little bit easier to just replace the .ini file will all the accounts etc already there.

I tried using a different FTP client (FileZilla), and it seems to be O.K. now. I dont understand why though...

The connection still does timeout when uploading a lot of content, any clues?

it was very fast when i used active mode on my ftp client. When PASV mode is used is when it hangs. Now I have the plesk firewall enabled and coming out of a corporate firewall. That was probably the issue.

Back