• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Slow Graphics Loading

KrazyBob

Regular Pleskian
We have lost several dedciated server customers in one week who each cited very slow graphics loading performance in Plesk 8.2. We tested and duplicated their findings in both IE6 and Firefox. I asked SW-Soft and they downloaded the sites using Curl and WGET -- a method that does nothing to duplicate the graphics performance issue.

We have Plesk 8.2 loaded on current Virtuozzo partitions and CentOS.

Is there something to check or a module that might like to be installed?

what do you mean with graphics loading -- slow loading of images on customer sites or slow loading of images/icons within plesk panel?

Slow loading of images on customer sites.

Latency within our network is excellent and ping times are just as good. Server loads are almost nothing.

prima facie it looks like system or apache performance issue then..

pinging is not good index imho, but if network is really ok, then try to monitor system load with, for example, `vmstat 1` when apache processes requests, it will show swap, i/o and cpu usage -- is swap used, how actively disk is used, how much cpu spends on iowait..

if i/o load is high, try to make the mostly updated system logs be updated аsynchronously ('-' sign before log name in syslog.conf)

check if slowness related to static or dinamic content, if pure images are loaded or if they are processed through, for example php gd functions, maybe it is affected by zend optimizer...

try to turn KeepAlive on and play with MinSpareServers/MaxSpareServers options in apache config

If the graphics load fast when downloaded with curl or wget then it surely looks like a client-side issue.

I had this problem, search for "optimizing apache" and it'll fix your issues. It did for me. HUGE difference.

Thanks! I've checked everything. Increased spare servers. Increaed max servers. Increased Virtuozzo resources -- and still slow loading in a browser. I found this today: http://webwait.com/

same trouble too

got same trouble.

found one solution: using Opera or IE7. i don't know why, but cp really fly in that browsers.

I am having the exact same issue. I have 3 dedicated servers on the same network. No problems with two of them. Two machines are serving sites (thanks for the webwait link) in 5 seconds or less. The other is loading them in 28.45 seconds.

TOPS shows CPU usage of 1-5%, with idle % 95 to 99%.

Will search Apache optimization. Thanks for the tips.

I don't think Apache optimization is going to fix this. It sounds like some timeout or something. Are you sure things like DNS are working properly?

Back