• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Smooth upgrade

Z

zebrafilm

hi Guys,

Just did an upgrade from 9.2.1 to 9.2.3 (on winsrv2008web) and it went smooth. Up in running within 15 minutes.
Great job!

small issues:
1. this update did not appear in the updater, I had to manually start it. Lets hope this is fixed in 9.2.3
2. I guess all the workarounds are implemented in the new version? I couldn't find anything about it in the release notes.
3. Although I am running Smartermail, it still shows a download icon in the cpanel, seems a bit silly.
4. If you are running the MS Dynamic IP restrictions module in IIS7, there are issues with the workerprocess rights when running separate apppools. Is this something that can be fixed from your side?
( rights should be properly set to /program files/IIS/Dynamic......)

I am incredible glad that Igor is taking care of issues here. This was very necessary to get the feeling someone is actual listing and taking care of problems. In a professional environment it is a must to solve problems quick and the long threads about backup problems show it clearly. The workaround thread is a relief because I suddenly solved a few things in one go.
I'll stick to Plesk :)

Thanks again.

Bastiaan

zebrafilm,

Thank you for your kind words.

1. Updater in Win Plesk is not the same Updater as in Linux Plesk. We have released some updates for Plesk 8.6.0 which can be installed via Updater but after that only huge update packages have been released which can be downloaded and installed only manually. Now our developers have a hard work for improving Updater operation and using it for installing small hotfixes like workarounds and for installing minor updates as in Linux Plesk. It should be implemented in the next Plesk versions.
2. As I wrote in the header of Workarounds topic all these workarounds are not tested enough and you can use it on your risk. We need your feedback regarding these workarounds. Note that it is not obligatory fixes, that were included to Plesk updates. It is just possible workarounds.
3. Sorry, what do you mean "download icon in the cpanel"?
4. Actually, it is known issue and I have submitted additional request to developers regarding this problem. I hope that it will be considered and fixed soon.

Igor thanks for the clear replies. Let me go past the items:

1. If the updater does not work, why not disable it in the Pleskpanel or at least grey-out?
2. Going to try some workarounds, I got most of the issues mentioned there.
3. in Pleskpanel ->home -> servergroup container, there is an icon called "download Smartermail" it should detect a current installation and not be there.
4. Please post the solution about Dynamic restrictions in the workaround. It took me some time to find the solution.

Got some issues now with the new install and will post in the other forum. Also going to apply some workarounds and report back.

Bastiaan

1. Updater works fine, but there are no suitable updates for this updater :)

Back