• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMTP error

M

majidA

Hi

For all domains, I receive this Outlook error for authenticating and sending mail to qmail:

Task 'Sending' reported error (0x800CCC80) : 'None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server.'

I use "required smtp authentication" in plesk setting and outlook. I checked maillog but no error was found.
I checked settings with "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam" and all things was OK"

There are all smtp configuration files:

service smtp
{
socket_type = stream
protocol = tcp
wait = no
disable = no
user = root
instances = UNLIMITED
env = SMTPAUTH=1
server = /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env
server_args = -Rt0 /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qma$
}

service smtps
{
socket_type = stream
protocol = tcp
wait = no
disable = no
user = root
instances = UNLIMITED
env = SMTPAUTH=1
server_args = -Rt0 /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qma$
}

service submission
{
socket_type = stream
protocol = tcp
wait = no
disable = no
user = qmaild
instances = UNLIMITED
env = SUBMISSION=1 SMTPAUTH=1
server_args = -Rt0 /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -r bl.spamcop.net /var/qmail/$
}

Please help me :(

Re-install your "locales" settings and restart qmail after you did this. Should solve the problem. ;)

Your smtp (i presume smtp_psa) file is not correct.

Two possible reasons: a) bad installation and b) bad adjustment of smtp_psa, smtps_psa, submission_psa

Problem a) is the most easy to be solved and probably does resolve any problem related to reason b).

So try the following:

1 - Open a command line utility and go to directory /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin
2 - run autoinstaller with command ./autoinstaller
3 - proceed through menu and select postfix mail server (yes, not mistaken) if you use qmail (or qmail if you are using postfix mail server) and install....
4 - after finishing install, run the autoinstaller again and again change the mail server to the mail server you originally had....

NOTE: these two installation steps force the installation of the mail server and do keep mailboxes etc in tact. However, personal tweeks and modification are being returned to standard settings. So keep track of them before reinstalling.
NOTE: just force reinstalling without changing to the other support type of mail server is not advised, since that is very likely to give you an incomplete installation of your mail server (due to a bug)

5 - When having installed the mail servers..........do the following:
a - go to /etc/xinetd.d/
b - run command: vi smtp_psa and verify that it contains something like:

service smtp
{
socket_type = stream
protocol = tcp
wait = no
disable = no
user = root
instances = UNLIMITED
env = SMTPAUTH=1 POPAUTH=1
server_args = -Rt0 /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -r zen.spamhaus.org /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true
}

NOTE: "/usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -r zen.spamhaus.org" can be missing, but that is not a problem

Also check the smtps_psa and submission_psa files. If they are not entirely different from those in your post....then contact me for the proper settings.

First try to reinstall....that is very likely to be sufficient.

FINAL NOTE: if you use qmail.....have a look at this thread http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=94593

This is bad advice, since it is no solution.

I am sorry, trialotto, but it worked for me the second time, with the same problems, while plesk was updated via the update routine to a newer version. Everthing was just fine and worked properly till the updates. I re-installed the locales, and modified them to my needs again and the problems were gone.

But I am shure, you have another explanation, why this worked on my servers twice... right? You are welcome to discuss this with me via PN. ;-)

@ AlessandroC: Depending on your needs ( which standart you want on your server ), you should read these pages: http://qref.sourceforge.net/Debian/reference/reference.en.txt ( "9.7.2. Locales" ).

Back