• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue SMTP Issue - Mail Setup

zumzum

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

So, my main domain is dexdev.info (registered using OVH), and my Plesk is installed and linked to that domain.

Now, I have created new domain dedinapz.com - and I set up email there - [email protected]

After that, I can not set up email to work properly, because I am having issue with mail on the phone and on my Thunderbird client.

This is what I am receiving on Thunderbird from some of my clients,

Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
roundcube

From [email protected] Date Today 09:46

I can can connect to my email [email protected] - but I think there is something I am missing.

When I scan my domain on mail teste here: Network Tools: DNS,IP,Email

It says next;

SMTP Reverse DNS Mismatch Reverse DNS does not contain the hostname

SMTP Banner Check Reverse DNS does not match SMTP Banner

Thanks!!

Hi,

So, my main domain is dexdev.info (registered using OVH), and my Plesk is installed and linked to that domain.

Now, I have created new domain dedinapz.com - and I set up email there - [email protected]

After that, I can not set up email to work properly, because I am having issue with mail on the phone and on my Thunderbird client.

This is what I am receiving on Thunderbird from some of my clients,

Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
roundcube

From [email protected] Date Today 09:46

I can can connect to my email [email protected] - but I think there is something I am missing.

When I scan my domain on mail teste here: Network Tools: DNS,IP,Email

It says next;

Thanks!!

Hello, the reverse DNS associated to your server IP should be your server hostname.
So if your server hostname is plesk.yourdomain.tld (and it should be a sub-domain, not directly a domain name), you have to change the reverse DNS set on your server IP (this option isn't in Plesk, it should be available on your server provider client area) to plesk.yourdomain.tld.
It provide the ability for other mail server to find your IP from your server hostname from your IP (192.168.X.X -> plesk.yourdomain.tld) but also to find your server hostname from your IP : 192.168.X.X -> plesk.yourdomain.ltd

Hi,

thank you for your respond, but I still can not understand that (am I dumb?) :)

I think I explained wrong..

So, my OVH VPS server and Plesk Web Admin is not on my domain dexdev.info it is on xxxx.vps.ovh.ca (this is link provided from OVH), but 'Full Hostname' in server settings is dexdev.info

And now, I want to add two more domains there,

dedinapz.com
somedomain.com

But the issue I am having with this is mail settings (sometimes outgoing mail does not work at all)..

Sending of the message failed.
The message could not be sent using Outgoing server (SMTP) mail.dedinapz.com for an unknown reason. Please verify that your Outgoing server (SMTP) settings are correct and try again.

Is there any additional DNS settings I should set up to get my domains mail working?

Thanks

Here are some screenshots, I do not know what I am missing?

Sorry for spamming this Thread, I hope you understand.

Attachments

• Screenshot at Jun 02 11-31-17.png
    Screenshot at Jun 02 11-31-17.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot at Jun 02 11-31-55.png
    Screenshot at Jun 02 11-31-55.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot at Jun 02 11-32-33.png
    Screenshot at Jun 02 11-32-33.png
    252.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot at Jun 02 11-34-48.png
    Screenshot at Jun 02 11-34-48.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 17
Hi,

thank you for your respond, but I still can not understand that (am I dumb?) :)

I think I explained wrong..

So, my OVH VPS server and Plesk Web Admin is not on my domain dexdev.info it is on xxxx.vps.ovh.ca (this is link provided from OVH), but 'Full Hostname' in server settings is dexdev.info

And now, I want to add two more domains there,

dedinapz.com
somedomain.com

But the issue I am having with this is mail settings (sometimes outgoing mail does not work at all)..

Sending of the message failed.
The message could not be sent using Outgoing server (SMTP) mail.dedinapz.com for an unknown reason. Please verify that your Outgoing server (SMTP) settings are correct and try again.

Is there any additional DNS settings I should set up to get my domains mail working?

Thanks

If you have changed the server hostname, you need to reboot the server to apply the new hostname. And server hostname should be a FQDN (Fully Qualified domain name), that mean, do not use only dexdev.info, but prefer vps.dexdev.info (and create the associated DNS records pointed to your server IP).
Then you will be able to change the reverse DNS in your OVH manager, and to set your server hostname as reverse DNS.

imaged5424.png

I haven't changed it at all, it was first set up while I was installing Plesk.

If I change now my hostname to vps.dexdev.info(in server settings) - will it affect my domains or any other part of my vps?

thanks for your help.

I haven't changed it at all, it was first set up while I was installing Plesk.

If I change now my hostname to vps.dexdev.info(in server settings) - will it affect my domains or any other part of my vps?

thanks for your help.

No, it will not affect your other domain, but you need to set a proper hostname, and the associated rDNS to send emails properly

After changing my hostname from dexdev.info to vps.dexdev.info - my main website got error 500 now..
is there any rollback option?

After changing my hostname from dexdev.info to vps.dexdev.info - my main website got error 500 now..
is there any rollback option?

The DNS records vps.dexdev.info do not exist, you need to add a A records pointed to your server IP.
And for me, error 500 isn't related to this change

Like this,

Screenshot

Screenshot

thank you for your help and patience..

this is website facing error 500 now..

www.b2bunlock.com

the error i am getting:

2018-06-02 18:04:03 Warning 139.99.42.92 mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: <br>The encoded file <b>/var/www/vhosts/b2bunlock.com/httpdocs/includes/cron.php</b> has expired. in Unknown on line 0

I am using IonCube on this web, but Error 500 happened exactly after changing of Hostname..

Last edited:
Like this,

Screenshot

Screenshot

thank you for your help and patience..

this is website facing error 500 now..

www.b2bunlock.com

the error i am getting:

2018-06-02 18:04:03 Warning 139.99.42.92 mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: <br>The encoded file <b>/var/www/vhosts/b2bunlock.com/httpdocs/includes/cron.php</b> has expired. in Unknown on line 0

I am using IonCube on this web, but Error 500 happened exactly after changing of Hostname..

Yes like this.
Your issue with Ioncube seems to be related to the server date. Check in System Time if the date is properly configured

Hi,

I have done that, but outgoing mail issue still persist..

Also, I have updated server time and date, but my web b2bunlock.com is still down due issue 500 and with same error on log..

oh, i got few other things now to do..

Any solution of fixing this?

Possibly corrupted if it was uploaded via FTP by using ASCII instead of Binary - Is this the first time running the file or has it been uploaded for awhile?

Was uploaded for a while.. after changing hostname I got this error, and now 24hours im off..

Could be that the application was licensed by hostname. If you change it back temporarily, does it function again? If so, you'll need to contact the developer of the application to have the license reissued.

Alright,

- I have fixed problem with expired files, it was because of IonCube files are expired.

Now,

I can send e-mails from dexdev.info domain, but i can not send from other domains while I am having same settings.

Ie.

I can send email from [email protected] and it is working, but when I want to send email from [email protected] - Outgoing SMTP error unknow reason.

I did reverse dns on OVH hosting.

Thanks

Do you talk about sending emails from your email client or directly from the webmail ?

I am talking about sending email from client not from webmail.

But I found ideal settings for email client now, and everything is ok. (so far, i hope so).

Can you tell me is it possible to access emails(on domain) from vps IP instead of domain?

e.g. I was hosting somesite.com - and somesite.com (changed nameservers, and went to other hosting provider) and now I am not able to access the emails from IP?

thanks

I am talking about sending email from client not from webmail.

But I found ideal settings for email client now, and everything is ok. (so far, i hope so).

Can you tell me is it possible to access emails(on domain) from vps IP instead of domain?

e.g. I was hosting somesite.com - and somesite.com (changed nameservers, and went to other hosting provider) and now I am not able to access the emails from IP?

thanks

Yes, you can use the VPS IP instead of domain, or directly the server hostname, but you will probably be warned about incorrect SSL certificate name

Back