• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMTP Problem

stealthminer

New Pleskian
Hello,

I've been having a problem with my smtp server. I can use my mail service from web with no errors. I can recieve mails, send mails but when i try to add me e-mail to an e-mail client application like outlook or mobile phone e-mail services, i get stuck at smtp connection.

On outlook, my problem is exactly this: http://kb.odin.com/en/126683 but there's only a fix for linux there.

Edit: I called my ISP and VPS provider to check if either of them blocked port 25 or not. They both said no but i configured mailenable SMTP Port settings(Mailenable -> Servers -> Yourhost -> Services and Connectors -> SMTP Right click and properities -> Inbound tab -> Port settings -> Listen on alternate port) to listen on both 25 and 587, 587 worked and fixed my problem. So, future people who will get this error, don't change the mailenable port to 25 but enable the option that makes mailenable listen both 25 and 587.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Back