• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue SMTPUTF8 is required, but was not offered by host

A separate message. My job involves finding and fixing interoperation problems.

Based on this thread, I suspect that there's a bug somewhere in the vicinity of Plesk that leads to some messages being labelled as "this message requires SMTPUTF8" even though there's no really good reason to do that. I'd like to locate the source of those message and fix that bug. If anyone sees the problem, I'd be grateful for a pointer or any relevant data.
The only times where I ran into this problem, xn-- domains were involved, so there was a reason to do that.

Well, if you didn't say "duh, of course" when you saw it, then the error was surprising enough that I'd like to see an example of such a message, if it's possible for you to show me one. My private email address has no retention or anything: [email protected]

Well, if you didn't say "duh, of course" when you saw it, then the error was surprising enough that I'd like to see an example of such a message, if it's possible for you to show me one. My private email address has no retention or anything: [email protected]
Too long ago, we have SMTPUTF8 off for quite some time now, but it was an ümläüt-domain, so pretty obvious.

Back