• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Softaculous - Why am I only able to install Softaculous scripts on one domain?

mostberg

New Pleskian
Hello!

This is the first time I am writing here so please bare with me.

I was wondering has somebody else come across this kind of problem. After buying the license and successfully installing Softaculous it only seems to work with one of my domains. Regardless of where I enter Softaculous from (left side menu, under domains and selecting another domain and selecting Softaculous under it, etc.) the end resolve is still the same. After selecting some script to install the next page is always the same, there is already one of my domains populating the installation path (always the same domain) and when I go and click it to open more choices it only gives me the one selection (the same one that is already on the installation path). So in the end, I have many domains in plesk but I am only able to install script under one single domain.

I hope I am able to describe the situation so someone could understand me and hopefully help me in this issue.

Is this a real error or something that I just cannot understand or get it to work?

Thank you for any help in advance!

Best regrards,
Markus

Hi!

I found out what the problem is or at least the main part of it.

There is a selector which is overrides everything you have selected from ie. Plesk domains -> Softaculous etc. It is in the upper right corner of the Softaculous basic screen. There you can change the domain before you click install, then the selection and the prefill will be correct and matching to your selection.

So that is now ok. If somebody finds this also as a problem, I will leave my resolve here, I hope it can help somebody else in the future.

Best regards,
Markus

* Just a note - something seems still to be off with the domain that the system always prefills before doing the selection as mentioned above. Why I am saying this? The backup patch of all the backups made by/from Softaculous are stored in the folder of this domain. I have to next find out how to change the backup directory to something better, so something is/was off with this installation for some reason, I think...

Just as an addition: the default backup folder is at the moment: /var/www/vhosts/THEPREFILLEDDOMAIN.COM/private/softaculous_backups

Back