• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Solved 502 Bad Gateway Shipstation Plugin AWS TLS NGINX Woocommerce

Mark12345

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.48
I suffered for hours on this problem so I decided to post it here for future searchers. Basically I moved my website to my new server hosted by Ionos. We run Woocommerce on Wordpress and use a Shipstation plugin to update orders. We I transferred over the website to the new server, the connection between Shipstation and Woo would not work and constantly gave a 502 Bad Gateway. I was told by Shipstation that they use AWS so this fix could be valid for many other server to server applications. I checked everything like twice. Firewalls, security plugins, IP banning, etc.

Turns out the problem was the new Plesk installation defaults to a "Modern" TLS level which for NGINX is 1.3. Well, AWS and Shipstation require 1.2. When I set it to the recommended "Intermediate", the problem resolved itself instantly.

Go to Plesk -> Tools & Settings -> Security -> TLS versions and ciphers by Mozilla

So it is very odd that when searching for 502 bad gateway and woocommerce that there is nothing that discusses TLS version. This needs to be on a Plesk trouble shooting page.

Attachments

• 502 Bad Gateway TLS NGINX.png
    502 Bad Gateway TLS NGINX.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 14
Back