• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[SOLVED] Plesk 12.5 Panel doesn't load, sites are unaffected.

Luke C.

New Pleskian
Something has happened overnight to my Plesk server and this morning I can't open the Plesk Panel at all on it's standard port 8443, it loads forever in the browser and never finishes. Websites hosted on the server are unaffected and other services like FTP or SFTP are working ok.

I've restarted the PSA service, checked logs for errors as I'm trying to access it, and restarted the VPS itself, and nothing. Strangely the command line utilities located at /opt/psa/bin like extension or license don't work either and hang forever. I tried to execute /opt/psa/bin/extension --list and it never comes back.

I haven't made any changes to either Plesk, the OS, or the VPS itself.

I'm completely stuck! Help.

Make sure that you have no enabled fail2ban for Plesk Panel.

I checked a few other things this morning, static assets like https://pleskip:8443/favicon.ico serve up just fine. It just appears to be hanging forever when trying to load login.php3 either remotely, or for example this morning I connected (telnet/openssl) to the server locally from itself and requested that script "GET /login.php3?success_redirect_url=%2F HTTP/1.0" and it doesn't return anything at all, but stays connected.

There has to be something seriously wrong with PSA or something related that's caused this to just happen all of a sudden.

Are there any other suggestions?

This has been solved. The following was the problem.

https://kb.plesk.com/en/127305

We removed the Shared Lock Manager and restarted sw-cp-server and sw-engine. Plesk are apparently working on a fix to be released with the next update.

The unusual thing in this instance was the last minor update was done end of March, and the actual upgrade to 12.5 was done when it first came out. It's not clear why the fault described in the kb article only happened now.

Back