• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[solved] Reconfiguration error message under domain tab

januzi

New Pleskian
Hello

I'd like to ask you where I could find information why there is "Web server reconfiguration failed: New configuration was not built." message under domain tab? I checked apachectl and it says "syntax ok", httpdmng --check-configurations doesn't show any information (I didn't want to run --reconfigure-all because apache is working under varnish and I don't want to edit all of the settings to set everything that's cached on the proper port). As for now apache is running as it should and new dns entries are working as intended (dig says so). So, is there a log that I could look up and check what's the problem?

Edit: After a while of searching I'm not so sure if that's the right error message. Why? Because I fixed webserver-configuration-rebuild.php which was broken in my language (single 'S' and 'R' as webserverConfigurationRebuildFailed / webserverConfigurationRebuildSuccess) and the warning message containing single 'S' didn't change into the proper message. Is plesk/client@x/domain@y/dns/ cached or something?

Last edited:
TL;DR: Wrong translation (two different warning messages with the 'S' as content).

Hello
Thank you.

So I take a look at the links and then I "grepped" plesk dir. I have found another translations dir with the right warning message ("dns template changed"). I'd love to know what was the purpose to split those translations into two different dirs? Anyway, the version is 11.0.9 and I was told not to upgrade it until I'm sure that the upgrade won't break anything. If 12.x is straight copy from 11.x then you might want check the dns panel. It doesn't gets translated after switching default language.

Last edited:
Back