1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

some domains don't migration from 8.6

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by perler2, Dec 30, 2010.

1. perler2

perler2 Basic Pleskian

90%
    i successfully migrated some (smaller) domains from 8.6 to 10.1 but come now to some domains which don't migrate.

the migration status hangs at 50%, on the source server no migration processes are running as far as i see (usully some rsync/ssh is running during the migration).

the logs on the destination server look good to me:

/opt/psa/PMM/msessions/201012302029111000/migration.result:

(although the migration is still running, is this right?)

migration.log has some:

but the last lines there is:
    i can't see the rsyncing of the files and mail even started. where should the error message in this regard be?
    how could it look like?

could it be that the information collection process on the source ("what should be copied") doesn't work? where could i find an error log in this regard?

PAT

2. perler2

perler2 Basic Pleskian

90%
    ok, this was an easy one (please forward the bug to the devs):

i had (whyever) a custom button in this domain on the source server with german Umlauts (öüß) in the name, which created a malfomed XML statement in /opt/psa/PMM/var/DATE/dump.xml file, which brought the migration to a halt.

this should reflect in the frontend, but anyway, after deleting the custom buttons, everything is migrating now.