• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spam Assassin Default Level

runtim23

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

Is there not a way to change the default for the spam assassin level when creating a new mail account and still have the ability to change it individually if needed?

I changed it in the spamassassin config file /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf and in the server mail settings,
but it still reads 7 when I create a new account and go to turn on the spam filtering. Does this value come from the db?

I can write a script making api calls? but surely there is a way to change the defaults and still have the ability to
change these from the default for each account if needed?

Thanks.

Yes, you can setup the spam-assassin filtering preferences on a per-mailbox basis. For this you will have to enabled "Apply individual settings to spam filtering." in Spam Filter Settings on your server

Yes, you can setup the spam-assassin filtering preferences on a per-mailbox basis. For this you will have to enabled "Apply individual settings to spam filtering." in Spam Filter Settings on your server
I don't think you understand my question. I want to change the default from 7 to 4. I have to set up hundreds of email accounts and it would be easier having the default changed since most but not all will use 4.

Try to change it here:

mysql> select * from spamfilter_preferences;
+--------+---------------+----------------+------------------------+
| prefid | spamfilter_id | preference | value |
| 1 | 1 | required_score | 7.00 |
| 2 | 1 | rewrite_header | subject *****SPAM***** |
| 3 | 2 | action | move |
| 4 | 2 | rewrite_header | subject ***SPAM*** |
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Back