• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Spam Filter ist not learning

FelixB

Basic Pleskian
Hey there,

I've problems with my Plesk, the Spam Filter should be learning, but it's not, since several days / weeks I always move the according SPAM mail to the SPAM Folder, and wait, but It's never stopping to go trough almost the same email every day...

how can i repair that?

cheers

The SpamAssassin spam filter works with a scoring system.
If the mail still gets into inbox, you should consider modifying the scores for each part.

A very good tutorial on how to modify SpamAssassin for better protection can be found here (german, but maybe you can translate it with Chrome):

Hi Both!

The SpamAssassin spam filter works with a scoring system.
If the mail still gets into inbox, you should consider modifying the scores for each part.
Yes I see but according to https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003117405-How-to-train-SpamAssassin-on-Plesk-server-
It should also train if I move mails from Inbox to Spam folder.. So it was my expectation to move mails from Inbox to Spam folder and then execute the training several Times, but after few days I didn't get any positive results.
A very good tutorial on how to modify SpamAssassin for better protection can be found here (german, but maybe you can translate it with Chrome):
I did take a look at it thanks :)
Didn't need to translate it, because German is my Native language :)
What I'm not happy there is with the need to install separate tools / extensions...
But according to the almost end of the Article, I'm just trying to train it again and put the Log files… To check if there is something visible of the Errors mentioned at the Beginning of the Article.
Are you sure you're using the right Spam folder? The emails should be stored at this location:

/var/qmail/mailnames/example.com/johndoe/Maildir/.Spam/cur
Yes it's the correct path :)
Have a look at "Using the sa-learn utility (For Plesk on Linux)" section on this page:

did run it until now several times... without any progress

As I already told, Spamassasin works with scoring system. Moving mails to "Spam" folder trains the Bayes database.

Please check the score for this specific mail in the code view. E.g. "Spam-Status: No, score=5.5 required=7.0 tests=BAYES_xx,BAYES_xxx"
If the score is too low to mark it as spam, modify the value for positive Bayes to a higher value and or use other techniques from the link I gave you.

And please check: "Ein Userbasiertes Training ist auf der einen Seite super, da es sehr genau ist und keine Probleme durch anderer User Mails entstehen können. Auf der anderen Seite werden für das Training eine Menge Mails benötigt. Diese Mails muss jeder Benutzer selbst im Postfach haben, sonst bleibt der Bayes-Filter für dasjenige Postfach einfach deaktiviert. Ich glaube erst nach 200 gelernten Ham-Mails und zusätzlich 200 gelernten Spam-Mails aktiviert sich das Bayes-Modul."

You can train Bayes module with external spam-lists like: untroubled.org
For another tutorial for untroubled.org see: SpamAssassin Erkennungsrate (deutlich) verbessern | SYN-FLUT.de

Back