• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SPAM Filter Literally Doing Nothing

Mr Fett

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,

A few months before I updated to Plesk 12 I noticed a huge jump in uncaught spam - I hoped the update to Plesk 12 might solve this but no luck.

I have now changed the spam sensitivity on my account 1, the idea being I would then whitelist the domains I want to get through but literally nothing is getting marked as spam. Users on other domains on the same server are reporting the same.

I'm using the following blacklist database lists: zen.spamhaus.org;dnsbl.dronebl.org;bl.spameatingmonkey.net;psbl.surriel.com;b.barracudacentral.org

I have Plesk SpamAssassin 3.3.2 installed and set as the Spam handler.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bob

Hi Igor,

Yes I have - I uninstalled and reinstalled SpamAssassin but still no change.

The spam statistics are showing 64% of messages as 'not checked' - does anyone know why that would be?

Bob

Hi 24x7serversupports,

I am using MailEnable Standard 6.70. I haven't tried other spam filtering options because I am assuming that both IceWarp SpamAssassin and Smarter Mail SpamAssassin will only work with their respective mail servers?

Thanks

Bob

ok,

Have you used MX scan tool? You can tweak mailenable settings for incoming mails as well. I mean setting some authentications in it. Your system admin can help you with it.

Hi 24x7serversupports,

The options for blocking based on blacklists in Mail Enable is controlled from Plesk (so it simply mirrors what I have entered in Plesk). Not sure why you think an MX scan would help?

I am the administrator for the server (I have full access to the backend) but just can't see anything wrong but SpamAssassin is going a terrible job of blocking spam.

Thanks for your help

Bob

Back