• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SPAM is out of Control

R

rcampbell

I have been trying to resolve the SPAM issues after the upgrade to 7.6.1 with SWSoft support. I have gotten no where with this issue. After the upgrade SPAM has increase 100 times. I was getting at most 30 SPAM a day now I am getting 300+ a day. All my clients are too, which means more support calls.

I have ask SQSoft over and over, but they are not answering this questions directly.

Does anyone think the DNS Blacklist is working anymore?

Becasue I think that is the case and SWSoft is telling me that I need to add 200+ blacklists and 200+ whitelists to the training of the SPAM filter. I think this is ridiculous becasue in order to do this you have to have mail in the inbox. So all my clients have to leave a copy on the server then manually go through and start marking individual emails. There doesn't seem to be a master control to for this.

Is this training for each domain or does the training take effect for the whole server?

If you have to have mail in the inbox to mark as SPAM or not SPAM, then how do you marke something as "Not SPAM after it has already been marked in the system. If it is set to delete the message then you can not do this.

SWSoft is telling me that I need to find an old message and drop that message into the mail folder for that clients inbox manually and then makr it as not SPAM.

Does this make any since? I am thinking that there was not much thought put into the upgrade with SPAM Assassin. Am I missing something here? I really could use some helpful hints.

Another think, We have over 10,000 entries for SPAM Assassin Blacklist and the Plesk application crawls. Should I remove all those old entries from the past version since they have implemented this new training version? Where is the training version information stored? Other then going straight to the database how are we suppose to remove and add entries to the old serverwide SPAM Assassin Blacklists and Whitelists?

Can't help you on SA issue, but we noticed spam increase as well (using MailEnable standard + SpamAssassin). It seems, although DNS blacklists were entered in Plesk, that lots of the addresses were disabled within ME console, so we had to manually enable them again. Now, it seems to block spam on regular basis.

CAn you be more specific as too which settings you had to update?

Back