• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spam question

tonyolm

Basic Pleskian
We have been getting abuse warnings about spam going from one server we have. We even went to the point of a full clean reload, had 4PSA go through the server and confirmed there were no comprimized scripts on the machine. plesk 7.5.2 reloaded with the fedora core on it. We also have relaying completely closed in plesk.

We have been tracking all smpt traffic and even have relaying closed which doesn't allow clients to use the server as an outgoing email server. We just can't figure out why we are getting these abuse warnings. The warnings seem legit and state the IP that might be used in the delivery of the emails. The IP is one of 4 ips on the server. All the sites on that one IP don't have any CGI or PHP scripts that even have a mail functions in them and most of pages are flat HTML. No formmails or anything at all.

One thought poped up. Some of the emails that we got warned about looks like the incoming spam that comes to the server usually to unknown users that don't even exist on the machine.

Could people be sending in abuse complaints because there are all these bounces coming out of the server?

We have been hunting down this issue for weeks now and it landed me in the hospital last week. My blood pressure hit 180 over 115 and pop I was taken to the hospital. All over this spam issue.

Has anyone else had a spam issue like this?

Back