• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spamassassin 3.1.0 Issues

T

Traged1

After upgrading to SA 3.1.0 PLESK 7.5.4:

1. You cannot use PLESK to restart psa-spamassassin or it SA dies.

2. psa-spamassassin quits periodically, need to use a cron job to keep spam filter running.

3. spam filter training does not work anymore. After selecting the email to specify as spam or not spam, the page is returned with no email listed on it and the spam database stats are reset to 0,0,0

4. If you do not toggle spamassassin off/on for each email address then emails will go missing and are not delivered.

I got the same problem.

I stille haven´t got any response from the support team. It's getting critical, since my customers is requesting the function.

Anyone got a solution?

What I have found is that you must stop both psa-spamassassin and spamassassin from the command line, then start psa-spamassassin only. It will call the spamd daemon into action as needed. But I too am having a problem with the training.

Any response from Plesk on this one netamia? It seems as though now spamassassin and/or psa-spamassassin are getting screwed up any time a new email address is created or an existing account is modified. I have to stop both from the command line and restart psa-spamassassin through the control panel.

I had the support staff on my server yesterday.

The problem is that we are using Debian Sarge/Testing. The system is not tested, and do not work under this ditstrib.

I did a new testinstall on another server, with a stabel, and everything worked fine.

The way to solve this is the downgrade to stable, or reinstall the server.

Just to check - did any of you upgrade/update your spamassassin and psa-spamassassin from ART (atomicrocketturtle.com) ? If not, you may want to try that. Phoenixisp - I know you probably have, but wanted to check with the others as well.

I sure did, but I may have messed up. I migrated servers from RH9 to CentOS4 and on this one in particular I had the Plesk SA license. To get around some of the problems I saw I installed ART's first, then the Plesk SA support, then removed spamassassin from ARTs qmail-scanner-queue.pl file. (otherwise it seems to override the Plesk settings for users) It just seems that when both run at the same time nothing works well.

then the Plesk SA support
This was also from ART, right?
then removed spamassassin from ARTs qmail-scanner-queue.pl file
Manually removed, or stopped SA, ran qmail-scanner-reconfigure, restart SA...?

Stopped SA and psa-spamassassin, ran /usr/bin/qmail-scanner-rconfigure and then started SA from control panel.

It works well until an email account is created or touched from the CP.

Back