• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spamassassin blacklist fails

MoreThanSixChars

New Pleskian
Hello world,

for quite some time, I have a reproducible issue with Spamassassin:

- Current versions: Spamassasin 3.3.2-2ubuntu1.1 and Plesk 12.0.18 on Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS (however, the problem has already been present since Plesk 11 and survived all updates until now).

- Spamassassin ist set to tag message as ***SPAM***, and its blacklist contains a number of emails as well as a few blocked domains (like *@myspamdomain.com).

- While most emails from those blacklisted domains are correctly tagged as ***SPAM***, some keep passing the filter without being marked although they come from the same blacklisted domain.

- I have verified that these emails really come from the blacklisted domain (in order to exclude a possible misspelling with similar looking characters).

- The only difference I could find is: The mails that are correctly identified as spam are directly addressed to the receiving email account, whereas the "forgotton" mails are addressed to the original sender, and all other recipients (including the receiving account) are set as BCC.

Can anyone reproduce that blacklisting an entire domain does not work for mails that arrive via BCC (or CC)? Is this a known issue? Or is it just me doing something wrong with the Spamassassin configuration? (I only used the Plesk GUI option to set it up.)

Back