• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spamassassin complaining about report_contact

J

JohnD@

Have been running spamassassin for some time along with RulesDuJour and it have more or less worked perfect. But a week back ago a lot of SPAM started to coming trouh and I run a "spamssassin --lint" to see if anything was wrong:
spamassassin --lint
[19135] warn: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, no value provided for "report_contact", skipping: report_contact
[19135] warn: lint: 1 issues detected, please rerun with debug enabled for more information

After some digging on Google I found that this cound be due to auto-updated rulesets (using RulesDuJour) and that some rules need the report_contact variable to be set, so I added the followin into local.cf:
But the problem still is there. Have also bee trying to add the variable into /var/spool/qscan/.spamassassin/user_prefs with the same error coming up.

Running spamassassin version 3.1.3-1.rhel4.art and qmail-scanner 2.01-9.rhel4.art on CentOS 4.3

In case you still haven't solved this - I was getting the same error. Check in /usr/share/spamassassin and see if you have a file named 10_misc.cf. Around line 45 add a value after report__contact like:

report_contact [email protected]

That should do it.

Back